From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:25:33 -0500
Eric J. Burton
(701)-610-9466
The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time with the Blood of
Patriots and Tyrants.

This is exactly what you won't see at UND, there are not cartoon Indians to
be found. Only the logo drawn by Ben Brein.

USCHO unintentionally provides a succinct example of the problem.  When I
viewed the article, "North Dakota Appeal Denied by NCAA," the page included
an
advertisement (courtesy of Ads by Google) for "Indian Mascot Costumes".  The
advertised costumes include grotesque, grinning figures such as "Dave the
Brave" and "Wigwam Willie".

I believe this is an example of what the NCAA means by the "hostile or
abusive
environment that the nickname and logo create."

-- Erik