From:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:52:20 -0400
Here's an article that gave some greater specifics to the drought of
American players in the NHL.

http://www.nhl.com/allstar2004/features/minnesotans011604.html

"Only one American, Minnesotan Ken Yackel, played in the NHLeague
between Eveleth's Frankie Brimsek's retirement in 1950 and Tommy
Williams' debut with the Boston Bruins in 1962 and that was only for six
games."

Here's a nice article on the 1960 U.S. Olympic team.  It has a number of
paragraphs on Mayasich.

http://espn.go.com/classic/s/1960_ice_mircle_1226.html

Doug Peterson