From:
Will Devine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:45:34 -0500
> 1) Does the ECACHL have any official, or unofficial, or any type at all,
> connections to the ECAC?

Not that I know of, or at the very least, substantially less than it did
before.  Basically, the main ECAC offices have no control over the ECACHL
at all anymore.

> 2) Are they tied to the dumb acronym name? Why not make a clean break
> and call it ECHA?

The name is rumored to be changing at some point during the offseason.  It
likely won't be "ECHA", though, since that acronym is already used by a
club hockey league.  We don't know what the new name will be yet.

> 3) Any chance they could convince the Ivies to start earlier and go up
> to 32 or 34 games? I think that is very important for the image of the
> league, and I would hope the Ivy coaches themselves would push for it.
> It is nt so much the number of games, but they don't start practicing
> and playing until the rest of the nation has been playing for weeks.
> Either you play D-I or you don't, IMO.

I can't say for certain, but I would guess this won't happen anytime soon.
 Not that I don't think it should, since I would like the Ivies as a whole
to become more competitive with other teams.

--Will Devine