From:
Erik J Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:27:40 -0600
On November 12, 1991, HOCKEY-L founder Mike Machnik posted a message about
college hockey polls.  The final sentence was, "The polls are nice as a
conversation piece, but then so is a ceramic dalmatian."

You can research this and other stuff in the HOCKEY-L archives at
http://lists.maine.edu  For instance, you can discover that Bill Fenwick was
the first to use the term "Phinal Phour" on January 8, 1992.  Mike first
described pairwise rankings on January 9. 1996.

-- Erik