From:
mike patten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:38:21 -0500
hard to compare the results when its against mainly the 5 worst teams on
the Cu schedule...

st cloud ties SLU and was outplayed slightly and outshot..
CU beats St twice in close games but completely dominated the games to the
point of twice as shots. 19-2 in one period..  But shots aren't really a
great indicator or control of a game..

the cornell style is to control the game and once they have a lead to
control the puck a 2 goal lead is enough.. in the WCHA i saw several games
take 3-4-5 goal swings they year because the push more for offense and make
mistakes on defense.. as a result you can turn a 4-1 lead with complete
control and make it 7-1.  When Cornell scores 6-7 goals its like a 10-12
goal game in the WCHA.

if you ranked the teams combined from both leagues i think Cc and Denver
would be the highest but after that I dont think minn/wisc/ND over the long
run would be any better than Cu/Colg/Hard/Dart/Verm.