From:
William Groskreutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:18:50 -0600
Hey there in list land...

I thought I would share with you what my students think will happen in the tourney.  Just so you know, none of these students have a clue about hockey.  They picked based on who they liked and probably records.  My students are mainly from low-income families or in foster homes in an east-central Minnesota county (about half way between Duluth & Twin Cities).  About 30% are Ojibwe and play (dare I say) basketball (shudder).  But here are the results, take them how you will.

East:
Game 1:
    80% Boston College
    20% Mercyhurst

Game 2:
    65% North Dakota
    35% Boston University

East Final:
    70% Boston College
    30% North Dakota

Midwest:
Game 1:
    60% Ohio State
    40% Cornell

Game 2:
    85% Minnesota
    15% Maine

MW Final:
    75% Minnesota
    15% Ohio State
    10% Cornell

Northeast:
Game 1:
    75% Colorado College
    25% Colgate

Game 2:
    90% Michigan
    10% Wisconsin

NE Final:
    80% Michigan
    10% Wisconsin
    5% Colgate
    5% Colorado College

West:
Game 1:
    65% New Hampshire
    35% Harvard

Game 2:
    85% Denver
    15% Bemidji State

West Final:
    80% Denver
    15% Bemidji State
    5% New Hampshire

East vs West:
    65% Michigan
    30% Denver
    5% Colorado College

MW vs NE:
    50% Boston College
    25% Minnesota
    15% North Dakota
    10% Ohio State

Championship:
    50% Michigan
    20% Boston College
    20% Minnesota
    10% Denver

bill

William Groskreutz III
http://www.cloudnet.com/~wgrosk

The very existence of flame throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin