From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:41:05 -0600
Hampton, Nathan E. wrote:

> Alright, isn't anyone else going to defend the cheerleaders?
>
> Silly cheerleaders? They add color and entertainment to hockey just
> like pep bands, mascots, etc. And very few hockey cheerleaders seem to
> be able to skate. Only the UM Gopher, UMD Bulldog, and SCSU Huskie
> cheerleaders go out on the ice from what I have ever seen. Besides,
> one of ours is a double economics and finance major (two separate
> colleges and departments), who is not silly in any respect.

And then there's Molly.  No hockey cheerleader will ever be a more
cherished part of Michigan hockey tradition than St. Cloud's Molly.
 After her remarks got published before the regional, Michigan's pep
band was really jealous.  Considering Molly's comments and Denver's team
getting Michigan's locker room, the Michigan pep band was just pushed
right into the background as a motivating factor.

Bob