From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:29:43 -0800
http://www.goblackbears.com/hockeym/20032004/112003.html

November 20, 2003
MAINE MEN'S HOCKEY ANNOUNCES TWO SIGNINGS

ORONO, Maine- The University of Maine men's ice hockey coach Tim
Whitehead announced today that his program has received National
Letters of Intent (NLI's) from Rob Bellamy and Bret Tyler to attend the
University of Maine in the fall of 2004.

"In Bret and Rob, we feel we have two of the top players in New England
coming to the University of Maine and I know the fans in the Alfond are
going to love watching these two guys play," said Whitehead.

Bellamy is a 6-0, 195 pound left wing from Westfield, Mass. who plays
for the New England Junior Coyotes. He has nine goals and twelve
assists in twelve games this season.

"Rob is a fierce competitor," said Whitehead. "He is a legitimate
physical presence on the ice - big, fast and surprisingly good hands
for a big man. When he hits you, you know that you've been hit."

Tyler is a 5-9, 182 pound defenseman from Maynard, Mass. who has played
the last four years for the Junior Bruins. Last season he had 27 goals
and 60 assists as the top scoring defenseman in the EJHL. This season
he has four goals and twelve assists in nine games. He was selected as
a member of the 2001 USA Select 16 team.

"Bret has the courage to make plays when the game is on the line," said
Whitehead. "He is very tough and physical, smart with the puck and
anticipates well on defense. He makes a positive impact in every game
he plays."

The eligibility of all student-athletes is contingent upon admission to
the University of Maine and compliance with all NCAA rules, including
registration with the NCAA Clearinghouse.