Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:20:51 EDT
In a message dated 9/2/2003 5:47:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
I have watched with curiosity at the outrage of the D3 fans with the
proposal
> put forth by their own division 3 representatives.  It is no surprise that
> the NCAA sees these schools as cherry picking a sport while the other
schools
> have the "burden" of fielding D1 teams in other sports. Apparently they
want the
> Division 1 programs separate from D3 to purify the stables so to speak.

The cherry picking is the ability to play D1 in one sport only. If we go by
the tradition argument then the U of Chicago should be playing D1 football. RPI
has a huge fieldhouse and they need to fill it. In a perfect world RPI should
be in the Ivy league.