From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:53:47 -0500
Tonight's results, from USCHO:

Colgate 4, YALE 2
Cornell 2, PRINCETON 1
St. Lawrence 4, BROWN 4 (OT)
Clarkson 3, HARVARD 3 (OT)
UNION 5, Vermont 3
Dartmouth 7, RENSSELAER 1

Which means (in order of current standings):

Cornell will finish first.

Harvard will finish second.

Yale clinches third if they don't lose to Cornell or if Dartmouth doesn't
beat Union.  Yale would finish fourth if they lose and Dartmouth wins.

Dartmouth needs at least a tie against Union to wrap up fourth place.  A
win over Union, coupled with a Yale loss, would put Dartmouth third.  If
they lose to Union and Brown gets at least a tie against Clarkson, the Big
Green would finish sixth.

Brown clinches fifth with a win over Clarkson and would finish fourth with
a win if Dartmouth also loses to Union.  A loss, coupled with a Union win
over Dartmouth, would put the Bears sixth.

A win over Dartmouth would give Union fifth place, and they would finish
fourth with a win if Brown does not beat Clarkson.  Union would finish
seventh with a loss if Colgate beats Princeton and Clarkson doesn't beat
Brown.

The best Clarkson can do is seventh place, and they need to beat Brown to
guarantee that.  The Golden Knights finish eighth if they lose and Colgate
doesn't, or if they tie and Colgate wins.

Colgate can do no better (or worse) than eighth on their own, but if they
win, Clarkson doesn't, and Union loses to Dartmouth, the Raiders would
finish sixth.

St. Lawrence would wrap up ninth place with a win over Harvard.  The Saints
finish tenth if they lose and Vermont doesn't, or if they tie and Vermont
wins.

Vermont has clinched tenth place.  If the Catamounts pick up at least one
more point against Rensselaer than St. Lawrence does against Harvard,
Vermont will finish ninth.

Rensselaer will finish eleventh.

Princeton will finish twelfth.
Bill Fenwick                                                 DJF   5/27/94
Cornell '86 and '95                                          JCF   12/2/97
LET'S GO RED!!
My wife says I pay more attention to hockey than I do to our marriage, which
is of course ridiculous... after all, we've been together for 11 seasons...