From:
Thom Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 15:42:27 -0500
Hi Brian et al., You are correct. Nearly all Whittemore (UNH) games are
sell outs (6500 capacity), most even before the season begins. Tickets
that get returned by students and others go on sale first come at 10 am at
the Whitt on Thursdays before games. Folks hoping to purchase up to four
tickets (max) begin a line sometimes as early as 6 am on those Thursdays
(at least the line is indoors in the Whitt lobby), but then there is no
guarantee, as the returned tickets begin selling at the windows and
on-line simultaneously. I doubt that there will be many returned tickets
for the UNH-BU game, as that rivalry goes back longer than the UNH-Maine
one. Out-of-towners have a much better chance going through the visiting
team's ticket office, if that is possible. Good luck! I believe that I
heard the UNH-BU game on the 25th will be tape-delayed at 10 pm on Channel
11 (public television out of Durham). Thom Davis, UNH72

"Does anyone have any ticket info on how an "out-of-towner" can purchase
tickets for BU @ UNH on 1/25 at the Whittemore Center.  When I called
ticketmaster the event did not come up and I did not feel like waiting
the 10 minutes for an associate.  On the ticketmaster website it says
tickets available 10/23/03.  Does this mean it is sold out and tickets
may become available that day?  Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks, Brian"