Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:24:33 -0500
> From: "Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
>
> I love the big ice sheet which emphasizes skill over goonism,
> but seriously doubt the NHL would change to that for that reason
> alone.  I mean, forget loss of seating - they want to crowd the ice for
big banging.

Not sure I understnad your point here.  What exactly does small ice have to
do with "goonism"?

The NHL won't force a change to bigger ice because it would be VERY costly
to do so.  One day, they may mandate it for all new arena, but they could
never force existing arenas to change.

Erik Johnson