From:
Clay Satow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 07:28:29 -0800
I remember playing that way in high school.  One thing it does prevent is dumping the puck and
hammering the defenseman who went to retrieve it -- something that is now prevented for by loose
calling of interference.

I also vaguely remember that icing was called from the blue line, not the red line.

Clay