From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:42:17 -0500
On 6 Feb 2002 at 20:26, Eric Burton wrote, in part:
> I am in the midst of an argument with a college hockey fan from
> Minnesota. Who was the number one team last year most of the season. I
> am saying Michigan State University, is that right? Thanks...

Such a nice straight-forward, simply put, important to trivia buffs,
almost unanswerable question!

I don't keep "USCHO Pairwise Rankings" nor, heaven forbid, any polls,
but...

    For all but first few weeks, where rankings are very much
guesswork,
    HEAL and RPI were led by Michigan State University.  The RHEAL
    leadership role was split evenly between Michigan State University
    and Boston College.

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                    mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET              University of Maine System
The College Hockey mailing lists: Hockey-L & Hockey3 at
http://lists.Maine.edu/