From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:31:10 -0700
> Date:         Tue, 29 Jan 2002 06:40:34 -0600
> From: Carol White <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      2002 Frozen Four: other events announced
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> >From an article in the Star Tribune this morning...
> -Carol
>
> Frozen Four announces other events
> http://www.startribune.com/stories/1557/1130775.html
> John Millea,  Star Tribune
>

> The 2002 NCAA Frozen Four has been sold out since last summer, but fans
> left out in the cold will have other opportunities to take part in the
> men's hockey championships in St. Paul.
>
> The national semifinals will be played April 4 and the finals April 6 at
> Xcel Energy Center. Fans will be able to purchase tickets for several
> non-game events, including a banquet and autograph session featuring all
> four teams, the presentation of the Hobey Baker Award, and an area of
> interactive games and exhibits called NCAA Frozen Fest. Fans also will
> be allowed to watch the team's practice.

what, we'll have to BUY tickets to attend the Hobey/Humanitarian award
announcements??????

> Frozen Fest will be the first such activity held by the NCAA outside the
> men's and women's basketball Final Fours. The three-day event will include
> hockey skills centers; football, golf, soccer and lacrosse areas; an
> inflatable obstacle course and bungee run; a video lounge for viewing of
> Frozen Four games and press conferences; a hall of fame exhibit; food
> and a retail store. Tickets, purchased at the door, will cost from $3 to $5.

Gee, that sounds suspiciously like the Fan Fest held in Providence
back in 1995.

I thought the powers that be learned from that experience that
charging admission to the hobey presentation was a BAD idea.

charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]               http://cs.uccs.edu/~cdash
(719) 262-3492                  (fax) 262-3369