From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:18:19 -0500
When did clutch & grab make its way into college hockey?  I think it was an earlier thread where someone remarked that the Harvard - Minnesota final was the last time free-wheeling hockey existed in the NCAA.  College hockey is certainly not as open as it was when I was at school, nor when I used to attend Clarkson games fairly often back in the 80's.

From observation, I would think that right now the ECAC and CCHA are clutch and grab while HEA and the WCHA are more open style.  I have not watched the MAAC or CHA enough to comment on their styles.

Is this (one of) the reason(s) that the ECAC can't beat the WCHA??

Wondering in MD.

Joe LaCour
Clarkson '77/78
http://www.demathahockey.i8.com