From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:02:59 -0600
> Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:47:41 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> cc: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Air Force Blue and Silver ends 2-2
>
> Hi Charlie -
>
> On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Charlie Shub wrote:
> > It wasn't a real game, 20 minutes and then 20 minutes of power plays
> > and then an orange and lemon contest .... It was a test cruise for the
> > new arena and the minor officials.
>
>   OK, I'll expose my ignorance - what's an "orange and lemon contest" ??
> Orange and yellow pucks (Charlie Finley, call your office !! :-) or were
> REAL oranges and lemons being sticked around !?!?  A bit messy, but that's
> certainly ONE way to keep spectators from getting too close :-)
>
>   Cheers from Maryland - Jim

it is usually the last event at a practice.  Goalies in the goals,
skaters at center ice.  players shoot as in a shootout.  the first one
to score gets an orange and the last gets the lemon.  the lemon, at
some places is a yellow helmet that the player must wear until ity is
"won" by someone else.

         charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]
(719) 262-3492        (fax) 262-3369            http://cs.uccs.edu/~cdash