From:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:59:25 -0500
At 02:31 PM 3/23/2000 EST, Thomas Chestna wrote:
>I agree completely. However, I would also through Crowley in the list of
horrible refs. Does anybody know what happened to "King of the Off-Setting
Penalties" Gallagher ? I thought he was the worst ECAC ref ever...

You obviously never saw Pierre "Give the Band a Penalty" Belanger......

The worst performance by an ECAC ref ever was Cornell at Clarkson
in (I believe) 1990. Pierre called over 20 penalties in the game, the large
majority against Clarkson - I think the number was somewhere around
16-5, but I could be wrong. He also called a penalty against the Knights
after the pep band (yes, the PEP BAND!!) did one of those derogatory
cheers that usually is supposed to humiliate the referee. Pierre took it
personally and gave Clarkson a 2-minute minor for unsportsmanlike
conduct.

I'm sure there are many more Pierre stories, but this is my favorite.

-Andy