From:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 09:49:34 -0500
At 10:35 AM 3/4/2000 -0800, Anthony J. Buffa wrote:
>As I have said before, I am really leery of Clarkson. They are liable to
>do it all over again, so let's not give them a chance. Win tonite, take 3rd.

Maybe I mis-read your statement, but how does RPI taking 3rd
place not give Clarkson a chance? I've seen many instances where
it didn't matter who or how many games a team has to play, just
get them to the dance.

About the only thing against Clarkson is the #5 slot they're in.
This means (presuming at least 3 of the home teams above them -
plus Clarkson themselves - win in the QFs) they would have to
play the extra game if they wanted to make it to the ECAC final.
This didn't bother Princeton in 1998 - and they came pretty darn
close to the final last year (thanks to Willie Mitchell's shot heard
around the world).

I honestly believe that any of the top 5 teams can win the whole
thing right now.

-Andy