From:
Ryan D Hartmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan D Hartmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:05:25 -0600
No, your view is the correct one.  MSC purchased the whole tournament, but
chose not to show all of the games.  This may have been an attempt to get
people to go to the games, but it didn't appear to help.  This brings up
a question.  Why do the games need to be held at the biggest possible
venue if they don't fill it up?  North Dakota's new arena may not be able
to host the Final Five since it is a few thousand seats short.  As far as
other channels showing the games, they would have had to pay a lot of
money to MSC.  At least they didn't buy the Super Bowl, then they wouldn't
have shown it since the Vikings didn't make it.