From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:21:06 -0500
Chuck Cliff writes...
>I have seen enough LSSU games this year to pass
>judgement on Jayme Platt. He is in the second
>tier of goaltenders in the league. I think Platt,
>Karr, Owen, Ragusett, and Josh Blackburn are all
>about the same level. I would put Maund and Joe
>Blackburn on the top tier.

>Also, my apoligies to my friends at U of M for
>putting Josh Blackburn in the same group as Platt.
>In spite of inevitable questioning of my sanity, I
>have to call this one as I see it.

As a member of Chuck's cadre of UM friends, I see
no reason to question his sanity.  Well, at least
not for his comments above. :-)

I like Josh Blackburn, and I believe that Michigan
is capable of winning with him between the pipes.
However, after witnessing four years of the big-
game toughness of Marty Turco, I don't think it's
fair or reasonable to ask or expect the same from
Josh.  He's going to have a fine collegiate career
in Ann Arbor, but at this point I too would put
him in the second tier of the CCHA pack.  Capable
and likeable, but not a superstar.

John Haeussler
Hockey-L postin' fool