From:
scott quakkelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
scott quakkelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 12:02:51 -0800
i was there in 1994 with the georgia tech hockey club, and they had a
packed house.  of course, their "house" is little more than a
recreational ice-skating rink.  but their support was great.

scott quakkelaar
michigan, 1993
ucla, 1995

---"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 12:31:17 -0600 Nathan Eric Hampton wrote:
>
> > I wonder which of these could be pursuaded/pushed/bribed into
going DI so that
> > the NCAA does not question the sport's growth next time it
considers a 16-team
> > tournament. In the 80's Michigan-Dearborn had an intercollegiate
team (D1?).
> > Iowa State, Penn State, and Illinois might go if this stupid-assed
idea of a
> > Big 10 hockey conference gets going
>
> As long as Title IX is a stumbling block for these schools none of
them will go
> varsity.  I don't think any of them consider the creation of a Big
10 hockey
> conference to be an issue.
>
> I followed Chris Lerch's links and am now ready to be a U of
Kentucky fan.  Theirs
> is undoubtedly the best college hockey site on the web.  Wildcat
games are only
> $4!  Anyone have any idea how well they draw?
>
> --
> Edward N. Moller
> Controller
> Mount Ida College
> Newton Centre, MA  02459-3323
> Tel (617) 928-4515
> Fax (617) 928-4746

==

unbreakable toys are often useful for breaking other toys

                                        -- author unknown