From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:56:47 -0500
Here's a what if...since I don't know all the tie-breaker criteria.

Right now St. Lawrence and Clarkson are tied for first in the ECAC, and I
think they split their head to head.  Both teams then go on and are
tied at the end of the season.  Say one of them goes on to win the
ECAC tournament.  Would that team get the the #2 East seed for the NC$$?
In other words would the tie breaker criteria for the regular season
championship (please explain, whoever) be employed by the NC$$ for the
bid?  In other words, unless the team which wins the tourney is also the
regular season champion via the tiebreaker, regardless of their best ECAC
record, no #2 seed?  Certainly Maine and UNH will end up with the highest
East PWR, well nothing is certain.  I would think the NC$$ will want to
give the seeds to those teams if possible.

This scenario occurred last year in HE, although I'm not sure if the PWR
was the same.

Just curious.
Brian Morris                RPI Engineers--If Clarkson and St. Lawrence
[log in to unmask]   Were Cancelled, We're First!