From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 20:39:24 -0500
Interesting that Doiron was reunited with Toots Cahoon.  Doiron was nearly
smacked in the head by a rain of sticks from the Princeton bench when the
Tigers visited Houston Fieldhouse last year.  Frankly Princeton had been
on the receiving end of some borderline/bad calls by Doiron that even most
Engineer fans would agree were unbalanced.  Cahoon completely lost it and
got thrown out of the game after the forementioned stickthrowing and
expletive laced tirade.  I was surprised that the ECAC didn't take further
action against Cahoon following the incident.

I would think that the ECAC would try to keep Doiron away from Princeton
games but I realize that would be difficult.  Also it is up to Cahoon to
deal with the situation, not Doiron.  Others have noted that giving up
shorthanded goals is also something not to be blamed on the officiating so
perhaps Toots needs to work more on his composure.

Thanks to all for the interesting reporting.  Wish there was more game
reporting on the list and less drivel.
Brian Morris                  RPI Engineers--Third in the ECAC