From:
Jason E Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason E Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 22:17:48 -0800
I looked at the box score on U.S. College Hockey Online
for the Princeton - Cornell game on Sat. night at

http://www.uscollegehockey.com/box/19981999/m/02/06/pri-cor.html

and I had only one thought after seeing that
Princeton sprung out to a 3-0 lead and then gave up
8 unanswered goals.  (and with no recap available)

My one thought with only the aid of the box score (and the number
of power play and 5x3 power play goals that Princeton gave up):

                          Bill Doiron

My research on the net just confirmed that Doiron was the ref for
this game.

While I was enjoying myself at the Ice Hutch watching Canisius
take on Iona, guess who was wreaking havoc up north yet again.

This man has to be stopped.

I have seen him twice.  Princeton at RPI last year and the ECAC
consolation game last year and this so-called referee is a menace
to the sport of hockey.

When a game has more than 100 minutes in penalty minutes, one has
to scratch their head.  If it happens once in a blue moon, you can
say maybe it was an aberration.  When this 100+ in penalty minutes
happens on a regular basis with this ref Doiron, one has to start
thinking other things.

Well, if you were wondering why Princeton got swept this weekend,
please realize that they should have had a split and if it weren't
for a ref who seems to think he is bigger than the game, that is
what the Scores and Recaps would reflect.

       |__   __| |  __  |  Jason Patton        http://www.gojp.com/jp/
 ____     | |    | |__| |      Following College Hockey Since 1991
|____|    | |    |  ____|  Boston U. 1991-1995     Princeton 1995-1998
        __| |    | |       1995 NCAA Champions     1998 ECAC Champions
       |____|    |_|        MAAC Hockey League Inaugural Season 1998-

MAAC Game of the Week: http://www.broadcast.com/sports/ncaa/maac/hockey/