From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 20:29:04 -0500
Very interesting.  This is the kind of tournament I have been championing
for a while now, although I would like to see some tough Western teams
involved.  BU is usually on the RPI schedule so that makes sense, and I
get the feeling the ECAC is romancing Niagara a little bit, although I
imagine they are still quite a ways from getting an invite to join the
conference.

I assume this means the godawful RPI/Union Golden Skates Cup is deceased.
May it rest in peace.

These games are all regular season, not exhibitions or exemptions I
assume.

The timing will really prove to be the acid test for college hockey in the
Capital District.  I suspect attendance will not be all that impressive,
although for the Pepsi it's a no risk thing since the arena is basically
empty in October (the River Rats and Siena basketball haven't started
yet.)

I haven't seen or heard anything about this from the media or elsewhere.
I'll try to ask around to see if I can glean any details.
Brian Morris                 RPI Engineers--No Longer First in the ECAC