From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 12:16:28 EST
On Jan 8, 1999 at 10:28 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> It's not really about recent defections to the pros....with the exception of
Tom Poti

>another extremely valuable recruit that vanished was LaCouture.

So, then what you mean is: two BU (Poti and LaCouture), year 2000 graduate
recruits, game breaking players bounded to the NHL leaving a hole in BU's
depth, which they have not filled in this year's squad.

>If anything, the defections that may be hurting BU today might be >the ones
that actually happened quite a few years ago the early >departures of
Lachance, Amonte, Ahola, and Tkachuk coupled with >expected
departures.........

A trickle down effect surely impacts a club. But, I don't see that altering
their Beanpot dominance or their final four shows, etc. and dominance over the
past "quite a few years" that you're talking about.

I'm not sure those two players (Poti and LaCouture) would have changed the
whole show, but Poti in particular had the ability to change the course of a
game. They were Parker's top recruits and if they were expected to bolt, they
haven't been replaced   performance wise yet.

I see BU hurting from defections, attrition, and most definitely the NHL. As
is the case with most schools that can attract the TOP recruits and be
competitive every year, losses like these put a REAL crimp in their run for
the National Championship!

Vicki Price
violentcontact.net
Concussion Free Zone