From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:20:01 EST
On Jan 9, 1999 at 9:36AM [log in to unmask] wrote:

>As far as I know, Matt Cullen made it clear that he had no >interest in
attending the University of Minnesota.

Cullen was not given red (recruitment) carpet treatment as others players
were, he was recruited, but not offered a full by Woog. Erik, I believe this
may have even been in the Star Trib. I think this was Trib worthy news. I
would say that being one of the best or the best in some people's eyes and
getting this kind of treatment would necessitate getting the word around that
any  interest on your part was nil. My son went to clinics and tourneys with
all these guys, as well as being on ALL-Star teams; he played with them and
against them, so I hear all sides of the story. Regardless, Cullen is a great
player! I tend to want to believe the story relayed from the players
themselves to other players. Anyway, lots of guys don't want to play for Woog!

>Tobey and Ian Peterson were recruited at the same time -- Ian is >a year
older, Tobey graduated high school one year early.  There >could be another
brother of whom I am unaware.

Erik, sorry if you misunderstood this. Ian was in juniors 2 years at least
before he was recruited by CC. I think he had a stint in Canada and then he
played for the Fargo Jr. A team. The same Fargo team that Tobey played for the
beginning of (Tobey's) his last high school season. Ian was never recruited by
Woog out of high school off his state champ team. My point being, that CC and
MN were going after Tobey primarily. Though, Ian had a great last season with
the Fargo Ice Sharks. Ian has to be two years older. Tobey is a late 78
birthday.

Vicki Price
violentcontact.net
Concussion Free Zone