From:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:33:50 -0500
At 03:16 PM 1/3/99 -0500, Kepler wrote:
>The ECAC is breaking down to 7 haves (Clarkson, Colgate, Cornell, Princeton,
>RPI, SLU, Vermont) and 5 have nots (Brown, Dartmouth, Harvard, Union, Yale).
> 6 of the haves face-off today: Colgate has just won in o.t. at Clarkson,
>Cornell is at SLU, and Princeton is at RPI.

I think we'll also have to keep an eye on the "have-nots". Harvard
swept this weekend (UVM & Dartmouth), Yale was a preseason #4
by the coaches and looked very good last night, and Union really could
be just a few games away from putting everything together.

The ECAC has traditionally been very competitive, despite its reputation
of being the 4th best conference in Division I. I don't think this year will
be any different. I don't recall who said it, but 5 OT games in Lake Placid
could very well happen - not to mention a few cardiac arrests.....

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam '93
Union College '95