From:
Garrett Lanzy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garrett Lanzy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 14:08:57 -0500
Thanks to Sean Pickett for setting the record straight on
this topic, everything he posted is correct (I just verified
it all from this year's Michigan Tech Hockey Yearbook).
The game appears in the records as a 0-1 loss for
Michigan Tech (with a "forfeit" footnote).  Jim Nahrgang
was the coach of the Huskies at that time.

Earlier in the thread, Edward Moller wrote:
>Interestingly, it was Buetow's [sic, actually Nahrgang's] behavior
>at this game that led to his dismissal from Michigan Tech.

Officially, Nahrgang resigned his coaching position.  Unofficially,
he would have been dismissed had he not done so.  Although
this incident was one of the events leading to his resignation,
it certainly was not the only (or the most influentual) one.
He resigned in February 1985, and Jim Boxer took over as
head coach. Boxer was an assistant coach under Nahrgang
prior to his appointment as head coach.

Garrett Lanzy (Michigan Tech '84)