From:
Rebecca Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rebecca Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:57:07 -0500
greenie asked,

>Was the BU defense that bad, did they give up too many breakaways, or was
>Laroque simply rusty?

Ina word, yes.  The whole team looked bad-- it wasn't a team, it was five
random skaters on the ice at any given time.  It didn't help that we didn't
have Pat Aufiero (broken hand) but the defense kept trying, and missing,
stick checks, and since Larocque seems to be having trouble finding his
groove this year, it was bad.

The only players I saw consistently taking the body were forwards
(especially Jack Baker -- he's fun to watch!), and the team as a whole was
holding the puck just a little too long before shooting, giving the goalie
plenty of time to be in position for the save... with no one in front to
grab the rebounds!  Albie needs to watch his temper a bit now that he's
captain, and BU took a couple of stupid penalties, but not as many as UVM
*should* have had.

On a random note, the band played at the game Saturday night, then got on
the bus and drove up to Canada for a football game.  Ironic, eh?

--rebecca

     "When I am in geometrically sound shoes, I feel like I'm
      part of the physics chatter."
         --Tori Amos