From:
"Bonner, Shawn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bonner, Shawn
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:34:56 -0500
        BC will again have a strong team. They lost Marty Reasoner which is
a huge loss, he was one of the best in the nation despite not being
nominated for the Hobey. They have one of the better defensive lineups in
the country with Mottau, Allen, Hughes, and Buckley. Also Brooks Orpik was
one of the premier recruits this year and he will add to the defense. They
may have some trouble scoring goals. Brian Gionta is phenomenal but he'll
need help from Bellefeuille, Farkas, and others. They are probably the
favorite in Hockey East, followed by Maine (great recruiting class), and BU.

        St Lawrence will likely be the weakest entry in the tournament. They
struggled last year (although they finished strong), and were picked 9th in
the ecac coaches poll. Their defense is their strength as it is for BC.
There are 8 freshmen who will compete for icetime and the key will be if
they can score enough. Losing Paul Difancesco (one of the top scorers in SLU
history) hurts them. Bob Prier, John Poapst and Erik Anderson will lead the
offense, Justin and Jake Harney, Josh Leroy and a several others will key
the defense. With a some surprises on offense they may surprise a few teams.

        I do not know too much about Ohio State, except that they are a top
5 team. They are still relatively young with sophomore Maud in net, and
juniors  Boisvert, Meloche,  and senior Chris Richards leading the
impressive scoring squad. On D Sophomore Andre Signoretti and Junior Ryan
Jestad are key players. They should up among the best in the nation again,
unless I am missing something. I am not too familiar with them but that is
how I see them.