From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 15:55:23 -0400
On Apr 8, 13:29, Eric J. Burton wrote:
>        This was in the Dakota Student opinion I think it is funny and is
>probably a tounge in cheek type of article. I thought it was thouht
>provoking.

Yes, and in me it provokes this tongue-in-cheek thought:  If they ever DO put
their own "playoff" together, they'd better play it on paper, 'cause that's
where the two teams were "the best".  On the ice come tournament time, it was a
different story.

I guarantee you if the old best-of-three for the first two rounds still existed
and Michigan State lost one of those, we'd be hearing from Mr. Nixon about how
a one-game playoff would be the only true way to determine which team was
better.

Hey, I would have liked to see these two tangle for all the marbles too, but
everybody knows going in that it's a single-elimination tournament.  If you
don't beat the other guys, you go home, no matter how highly ranked you are.

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95                                             DJF  5/27/94
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  JCF  12/2/97
"All I know is that Mr. Clinton's ratings keep on going up, so maybe you
 people should find something else--"
-- Sid Hartman, Minneapolis _Star Tribune_ sports columnist, asked on a sports
   talk show to give his thoughts on Tara Lipinski