From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 13:25:57 -0500
>  The two prelim games did kinda have a "who cares?" air about them.  Only
700
> showed up for the Yale /Colgate game in Hamilton last year.  I wonder if
the 4
> vs 5 play-in game had more attendance this year than the combined
attendance
> of last year's preliminary games?

Quite possibly.  Attendance for the Play-in Game was 1,779, although it
felt more like:

500 Cornell people;

4 Princeton guys with uni's and cowbells;

1 eejit with questionable clothes taste who repeatedly screamed: "there's
no offsides after they pull their goalie, just ice the puck!!!!";

and a coupla hundred people who had walked off the streets expecting the
see hockey.

Attendance for the only Preliminary Round game held in Lynah failed to
break 2,000.  That's half empty, in a place which almost always sells out
-- and for an elimination game!  If that's not indicative of the failure of
a format, I dunno what it is.

Fanter, just go back to 8.