From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 00:02:30 -0500
Sorry to have missed the listing for the baby-B's game, but it seems most
who posted so far aren't interested in (more) hockey between the NC$$ games.

So, I have another idea.  Any HOCKEY-L members fans of real beer ?  Not
that fizzy stuff served ice cold and produced by those BIG operations, but
things which are cask-conditioned, served from beer engines and at cellar
temperature...a comparison sort of like NHL vs. college hockey.

My micro-brewery and brewpub contacts could serve up an interesting tour of
local breweries (Harpoon), brewpubs (Commonwealth, Brew Moon, John
Harvard), and superb multi-tap purveyors (Sunset, T's Pub)...and those are
just a taste.

This would be by bus, so no problems with that slight issue of impairment...

More private e-mails to me are encouraged for those with interest.  Post to
the list if you like, and other ideas are always of interest.  I mean,
there's always the Constitution, etc.

Mandatory HOCKEY-L content:  I'll start the pool now: when it goes to 16
teams, how long will it take after the tournament selection show in the
first year before someone posts for an 18 or 20-team draw ?

You never heard me complain about Maine not getting in this year...

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Beers may now be in the booth, but Jean-Yves Roy ***
***    should be kept with the big club in Boston     ***
***   Is there anyone better now with Providence ??  ***