From:
ATWBARTLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ATWBARTLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 20:18:42 EST
Here are some things you may want to know.  e-mail me directly if you have
other questions.

If you are traveling on I-94, look for the State Street exit which I believe
is exit 76.  Head north on State for 3-5 minutes depending on traffic and it's
the big old barn on your left. You can't miss it because of all the cars,
people, police.  If you do miss it, have a nice time on campus.  I've only
parked in the parking at Yost a couple of times.  It's a hassle to get in and
a hassle to get out.  I usually park on one the side streets across from Yost
and walk the half mile to the arena.  Nice neighborhoods if you're into that
type of thing.  Temperature is supposed to hit 75 tomorrow so it will be warm.
Yost has special cooling vents so there will be no fog in the arena.  Because
UM does not play until 8:30, parking should be easy for the first game.

As long as nothing changes for this tournament!!!!!!!!! Yost has 4-6 food
stations that serve up hot dogs (about $2), nacho chips (about $2), pizza
(single servings about $3).  There is a separate Taco Bell stand (a push cart)
that sells tacos and burritos for about $2 each.  There's all sorts of candy,
popcorn, peanuts and the like.  There is one guy who sells capacino (sp??),
hot choc, tea and muffins and he's great.

No smoking in the arena, but you go in the parking lot to smoke and litter the
lot if you like.  All seats are pretty good ones.  The glass around the ice is
special glass that's easier to see through than the pro arenas.  NO seats have
backs on them, they are all benches.  So sitting through 7 hours of hockey
each night will be tough on your back ( at least mine).

Because it's a college campus, there will plenty of bars and such open before,
during, and after the games.  Most of the action is on Main Street or that
area, about one to two miles from Yost.  If you're spending the night, make
sure you see the LAW QUAD on campus on Saturday.  If you like old-time college
campuses, you'll love this area.  If you like to shop or visit galleries,
there's an abundance of that to do on Saturday.

Hope this helps.  See you all there.

Steve Bartley