From:
"Andrew J. Weise" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew J. Weise
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 19:20:52 -0500
I'll agree with the 8 teams in the playoffs, but it seems too little
given the size of the ECAC. I'd also like to see 10 teams, but not
enough people would like the Tuesday game (I don't think it's
THAT bad, myself).

We could just put all 12 teams in the playoffs and do a Final Six
in Lake Placid like so:

Day 1: #3 vs #6
            #4 vs #5

Day 2: #1 vs 4-5 winner
            #2 vs 3-6 winner

Day 3: Consolation & championship

However, this takes away from any "playoff race" (unless the ECAC
decides to expand and bring in teams like Niagara, Canisius, Elmira, etc.)
and it's a lot of hockey within two weeks - I don't think Princeton
would mind, though. Thus, it may not fly.

If I had a vote, I'd go back to the 10-team format. The best part about
that is the tiered system in that almost every playoff position is worth
something. Somehow, I don't think it'll happen anytime soon....

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam  '93
Union College  '95