From:
Scott Spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 23:30:25 -0500
Hello All-

Let me say a few words about the refs this year.

The refs in ______ League are the worst in the nation.

The refs are the worst they have ever been.

The _______ team always gets the absolute worst ref in an already terrible
league.

The afformentioned ref has a grudge against that team.

Now everyone can just cut and paste their favorite team's name in the blank
(maybe even put in your "favorite" ref's name) and send it to the list.
That will save you all some time.

Now don't get me wrong, I have yelled at more than one official and at
least one Zamboni driver.  :-)   I get carried away in the heat of the
momment but the wholesale beratement of the refs has gotten out of control.
 These are men (and women) and are prone to mistakes.  They have to see the
whole ice with out the benefit of being elevated and removed from the
action.  They must make almost instantaneous decisions and never have the
benefit of "home-ice" and a favorable crowd.

Let's take another look at it, if a goalie has a 0.900 save percentage, he
is All-Conference, maybe even a Hobey Baker finalist.  If a ref makes 98%
of the "right" calls, he's a bum.

Anybody who thinks they can do better should try it once.  These men and
women are professionals and very good at what they do.

Thank you for letting a lurker vent a little steam
Scott Spooner

Going to MSU but still a Wolverine!

Michigan National Champions
        Hockey  '48,'51,'52,'53,'55,'56,'64,'96

        Football '01,'02,'03,'04,'18,'23,'32,'33,'47,'97

Check out my webpage at http://www.msu.edu/user/spooner3