From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 22:32:54 -0500
>2) Just to clarify, it is not the Larries...I know everyone seems to love
>to think that hehehe...I was actually quite surpised and a bit disappointed
>that even the RPI announcer said the "St. Lawrence Larries coached by Joe
>Marsh"...it is the Saints for those who might not know or maybe just choose
>not to:)

No offense intended. I took my queue from the local press. From now on,
it's the Saints

>3) I really wonder what the outcome of this game would have been had Coach
>Marsh started Heffler in net...I will not take anything away from RPI
>burying the puck when they had the chance, but I think an argument could me
>made that this would have been a real barn-burner had Heffler played.

I was surprised and disappointed also. I understood the Engineer's 1-0
loss in Canton was mostly due to some spectacular netminding by Heffler.
I had also heard some reports that he's really fun to watch. I would have
liked to have seen him play.
Mark Lewin
RPI - class of '69