From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 19:54:01 -0500
>Spoke to a good friend of mine (not on the list) who is a long time BU
>season ticket holder.  He tells me that Greg Quebec is out for the season
>with a broken ankle, Albie O'Connell is out for several games with a
>separated shoulder and Vuori (sp?) did not play vs. Niagara and is among
>the missing.  Is any of this, or most of this true?
>
>In addition, my friend detects that Drury is pressing and (like anyone) is
>having a tough time adapating to all the attention he is getting on (and
>off) the ice.  I wonder how other BU fans see this.
>
>BTW, while flipping channels last night, I came across a sports talk show
>on New England Cable News.  In-studio guests, with their BU game shirts on,
>were Drury and Kelleher.  The show featured call-ins by kids and most of
>the questions were kind of cute.  At one point, baseball was mentioned and
>the host asked both players if they had liked the game growing up. After
>Kelleher said he did, it seemed incredible to me that the host had no idea
>that Drury had pitched Trumbull, CT the Little League World Series
>championship when he was 12!
>
>The preparation (or lack of same) by some of these TV guys is incredible.
>Although, why should I be surprised when Brent Musberger has been
>assaulting my senses for over 20 years.
>
>Greg Ambrose, UNH '72
>GO BLUE!!

A first, a reply to my own message!

In a private, unattributable (kind of like Deep Throat) e-mail, I was
informed that Greg Quebec did not break his ankle but his injury was severe
enough to have screws put in.  His recovery period is 6-8 weeks at best, he
hopes to be back by playoff time.

O'Connell is out for a few games apparently and Vuori also suffered a
shoulder injury, how severe is not known.

This information is from someone I never corresponded with before but I
suppose it is reliable.  To follow the "All the President's Men", if
anybody can confirm this information (even on deep background), I and the
list would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Greg Ambrose