From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 16:03:18 -0500
Thought I would relate what Jacobs' Hanukah present was to all of us at the
Fleece Center:

Dan, I performed the little "experiment" we talked about at the Bruins game
tonight.  Thought I'd share the results:

The owners of the Fleet Center must be really hard up for cash these days.
They have decreased the size of their souvenir cups without decreasing the
price of the soda you get in them.  Until tonight the size of the souvenir
cup was 20oz (filled to overflowing) - translated into 16 actual ounces of
soda and ice (filled to the ridge just below the top of the cup).  The new
cup is 16oz (filled to overflowing) which translates into only 12 ounces of
soda and ice.  At $3.00 for a cup of soda, this results in an increase from
just under $0.19 per ounce to $0.25 per ounce of soda (approximately 33%).
What a bunch of cheap bastards (they also closed down the only ice cream
stand on the balcony level).

Maybe I should start buying soda from the machine at my office (a bargain
at 50 cents for a 12 ounce can) and sneaking it in.

Oh well, the team has been fun to watch this year.  The Bruins might not
win Lord Stanley's Cup this year, but I think they're on their way back
(and will win a championship before the Red Sox will).

Lindsay A Huntoon

To whose attention do we forward this at the Fleece Center ?

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Beers may now be in the booth, but Jean-Yves Roy ***
***    should be kept with the big club in Boston     ***
***   Is there anyone better now with Providence ??  ***