Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 19:37:49 -0500

<<  I
 happen to be a big BU fan and have great respect for Jack Parker, but this
 past weekend two of his players received 5 minute majors for hitting from
 behind, does that mean BUs program is morally deficient?   >>

Don't know how a discussion on Mowers injury became a defense of BU's hitting
from behind but evidence shows that BU is one of the most classless programs
in the country.

I can remember when BU refused to shake hands with Lake Superior after the
game simply becasue they lost. Also, I remember BU players from the bench
trying to start a fight with BC players on the ice as BU was about to get
eliminated in the first round of the Hockey East playoffs. Finally, last but
not least, when BU was getting demolished by a Russian team in an exhibition
game, BU players started with high hits and late hits. The biggest cheers
from the BU fans that night occured when a Russian player skated off the ice
bleeding.

However, to get back to Mowers, I am also glad to see that he's alright and
wish him continued success at UNH.