From:
Russ Bone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russ Bone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 13:51:02 -0700
><< The Tigers got a charging penalty
>that some people thought was questionable>>
>
>That would be me. It would not have been questionable if the same exact
play
>had not happened in reverse (uncalled) to our (CC's) player Berk Nelson,
who
>ironically 10 seconds later was called for the charge. Anderson did the
worst
>job of officiating I have ever seen in my life this weekend, and I RARELY
get
>on officiating....I am an official at the high school level and
occasionally
>college level myself!!! The most inconsistent calls I've ever seen. WCHA
>beware!

I agree that the call was questionable at best and that Anderson was
brutally inconsistent on the weekend (though I didn't see it giving either
team an edge), but I think the difference between the hit Nelson received
and the one he was called for was that when he was hit, the Anchorage player
was stopped when he popped Berk up high (elbowing might have been a good
call), while Nelson was cruising when he hit back (also a pretty high hit).