From:
"E. Shaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 23:36:08 -0500
Though i couldn't watch the game, i was able to listen to it on RealAudio.
I expected that Minnesota would come out and really fight after being swept
by Alaska-Anchorage last week and because of the fact that they were finally
coming back to Mariucci to play.
Of course, CC was out for blood after having their 65 series streak of not
being swept broken as St Cloud stole two from them last week....
from what i could hear, the Gophers did come out fighting, and responded
quickly after CC answered first early in the opening period.  But they seemed
to give up the spirit once CC scored again, and Minnesota just gradually took
themselves out of the game after that.
The Gophers gave up a goal when they were on the power play and only had 2
shots on goal in the third.
I must say that I am proud of the Tigers for coming back after a frustrating
weekend last weekend, as they remain undefeated on the road for the season.

Can the Gophers be swept at home?

BTW--on another CC note: i watched the IHL game, Houston vs. Kansas City, and
Ryan Bach played an excellent game for the Aeros and had another shut-out
after only being with Houston for a few weeks.