From:
Rick McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 15:32:23 -0500
For those few of you who actually read my posts with boxes and comments on
BC games, my apologies for not getting the info to the list in a timely
fashion this year.  I have been attending most of the games and do have
boxes and comments to post, but work commitments (and short staffing) have
kept my schedule so hectic I haven't been able to keep up.  It is made
worse by the fact that I have to go in to my workplace to post the info,
which is not convenient (and I have an outside life, too!  Go USA in
World Cup France '98!)

I will try to get comments up soon regarding the games of the past two
weeks, in case some of you junkies haven't found all the info you need
elsewhere.  All others can delete the messages per their usual practice.

A brief comment on the worth of penalty statistics (a recent topic of
discussion): They can sometimes provide info and sometimes just clutter
things up.  Some people like them and some don't.  Some have the info and
the time to post them and others don't.  If you can post them, do so if
you want to.  If you want to read them, fine.  If not, skip them.  Just
keep posting info and opinions and discussion -- that's why we're all
here.  And I sympathize with those of you who have email access but not
practical web access; they are not interchangable.

BC has been playing fairly well but has not had the hardest opposition to
date -- the trip this weekend to Maine should prove interesting, but I
doubt that Dave H.'s prediction on USCHO that BC will sweep will come
true.  As others have noted, it has been a season of parity so far in
almost every league (now that the league games have started.)
Rick McAdoo                           [log in to unmask]
"Volunteer and overworked reporter"   An excited BC fan.  GO EAGLES!