From:
Randy May <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 13:43:59 -0500
In a message dated 11/16/97 11:32:14 AM, Kambrose wrote:

<<If you don't thing that some refs are swayed by home crowds, or the home
team's coach, you're not living in the real world.>>

I can say as a football and Lacrosse official myself that while it happens
less than you might think...it probably does happen. I can also say that
occasionally it can have the reverse effect as some officials will staunchly
try to keep themselves from being swayed by the home crowd by making close
calls more often against the home team...sort of a reverse psychology if they
think of it...I try not to.

Randy May
http://members.aol.com/Al20Secord/Randyshabit.html