From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward N. Moller
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 11:01:08 -0500
In last night's Hockey East matchup between Northeastern and Boston
College, BC goaltender Scott Clemmensen made just nine saves over 61:16
in a 5-4 overtime loss.  Think of the questions this raises:

    1.    What are the fewest saves a goalie made in a losing cause?  In
an overtime game?
    2.    What is the worst save percentage for a single game?
Clemmensen's last night was 64.3%.
    3.    What is the most goals a team has scored while making the
fewest shots?
    4.    What is the greatest disparity in saves between two teams?
NU's Marc Robataille made 32 last night.
    5.    How important is shots on goal?  I think that being tested
throughout a game keeps a goalie sharp, and perhaps Clemmensen never got
into it.
    6.    Was the Husky offense anemic, or was BC's defense incredibly
stingy?
    7.    What was the distribution of NU's shots by period?  They
scored 3 goals in the third period and 1 in OT.
    8.    Will I find a more productive means of spending my Sunday
morning?

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller