From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg R. Berge
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 14:43:51 -0500
Just a few weeks ago Princeton was in first place and nationally ranked.
Even with their recent problems (2-5-1 since their 6-0 win over RPI), I
think their improvement earns Don Cahoon a shot.  They are still a fifth
place team -- dizzying heights compared with expectations -- and their
overall record is a very strong 14-8-3.

I do not have a list of past ECAC COTY.  In the year in which RPI and
Princeton were surprise finalists, did either Fridgen or Cahoon win the
award?

- Greg Berge

p.s.  I know I'm biased, of course, but Schafer not winning last year was a
joke.  The only angle I have on it is that a rookie coach *never* wins.