From:
Robert Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 11:17:16 EST
On 1/28/97 MJ wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone knows of a college hockey player, past or
>present, who has played with some form of physical handicap (e.g.
>prosthetic limb, partial blindness, deafness, etc.).
>I would appreciate any knowledgable replies.
>Thank you.
>--Mike Jackman

On 2/4/97 Rick McAdoo wrote concerning the Beanpot.
>Mon. February 3, 1997 at Fleet Center, Boston, MA
>BOSTON COLLEGE      1  0  3  - 4   (11-13-3 overall, 7-8-3 Hockey East)
>NORTHEASTERN UNIV.  1  0  0  - 1   (6-19-2 overall, 2-16-1 Hockey East)

>Notes - Tony McGaughey of Northeastern (who wears noticable hearing aids)
>used sign language to interpret the National Anthem as it was sung between
>the games.  The second game was also defensive, but much faster and with
>more spirit during the first two periods.  Harvard just couldn't get the
>equalizing goal, and BU scored early and often in the third period to pull
>away, ending with a 7-1 win.  (We left at 5-0, approx. 10 minutes left.)
>One of the newspaper accounts said that Northeastern set a Beanpot mark
>for fewest shots on goal in a period with 1 in the 2nd period.

        Tony McGaughey is a freshman forward on the NU team. He plays a
regular shift and has (at least) 2 goals and 1 assist this year.
        Tony played HS hockey @ Newton North HS,  Newton, MA.  They have
 a program for the deaf.  He graduated in 6/96.

        Has there ever been a college hockey game in which a team got zero
shots on net for the entire game ?

        Thanks, R. Kennedy  NU '71   '75