From:
Dave Morgenstern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 16:02:40 -0400
That was some post by Paul about Parker, and as a BU fan it is great to see
it coming from a rival fan.  One of my favorite things to see him (Parker,
not Paul :) do is jump into the penalty box at Walter Brown (next to the
home bench) and yell at a player for taking a stupid penalty, or yelling at
the ref.  There is nothing more frustrating than those dumb penalties, and
to see the coach reinforce that to the player is great.  But the best part
of Parker is that he is a really nice guy who has always gone out of his
way to be nice to various kids in my family when we have run into him.
Paul mentioned the success he has had in helping his players become fine
men.  Part of that success is the people he surrounds himself with.  One of
them is the person that makes sure the kids go to school.  I met her
through a friend and longtime season ticket holder a few seasons ago.  She
gets the plug here today because yesterday she sent my nephew (son of BU
'74 grad) a game worn Jay Pandolfo jersey.  Well, you can imagine the
reaction of a 12 year old to getting something like that.  I am sure he
will be wearing it when I take him to the regionals in Worcester.

Now, the Beanpot.  I just got some tickets today, so I will be able to
compare the atmosphere between the Fleet and the Garden.  The last final I
went to was BU-BC in the final Beanpot game ever at the Garden.  Somehow I
think the Fleet will have a hard time comparing to that.  Plus, at that
game I was in the front row.  This time I am in the last.

If anyone wants to meet for some beers, let me know.  I am sure I won't
have to twist my friend's arms to go with me.